Monday, January 12, 2009

School is the same...



So today was kind of a slow day if you ask me. We had our first day of language classes (Hebrew for me and Arabic for many others), so that was interesting. My professor is a very energetic woman who seems to be perfect for many of the students here. She's very positive and tells us that Hebrew is easy! English is hard. I'm excited to learn because I think it will help me interpret the scriptures better too! After classes I was just planning on studying, but a big group of people decided to go visit the Rockefeller Museum...and what can I say - I'm easily persuaded. And besides! I decided if a lot of people were going today then they wouldn't be going later and...I dont' want to miss out on anything while I'm here! The museum was really neat, they claimed to have things dating back almost 200,000 years! (And no that's not an extra 0, I double checked!) It's weird for me to think of things being that old...the concepts many people have are different from mine lol. But yeah it was interesting and all, and afterward I just...studied a lot more! The director says that this is the most studious group he's ever seen, and that's saying a lot because he's almost done here and has seen several semesters of lots of students! I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing though - lol we're supposed to experience while we're here! But anyway I guess tonight is not very exciting - here's a few pictures anyway!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, they have horses there! Who knew? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to believe that you are ACTUALLY there experiencing this amazing place! I am SO SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your Jerusalem experience with us in your blog. It's almost like being there with you!

    We visited Jerusalem & the BYU Jerusalem Center in 1999. I can still remember hearing the arab "prayer call" wafting up the hill from down below the Center while I was attending Relief Society there. You're right about the building's beauty. It's one of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring buildings we've ever seen too!

    I hope you get to walk around the top of the wall that surrounds the "Old City" of Jerusalem. (I think it's called "Ramiumptin's Walk", or something like that.) It was fun to look down into the Old City from there, and see things like satellite TV dishes on top of the old buildings, and bullet holes on the upper walls of the buildings.

    We love you and we're so proud of you! We hope you have a great time there in the Holy Land and learn and grow alot!(Be safe too!)

    Love,
    Aunt Cheryl (and Uncle Evrett)

    ReplyDelete