Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Twenty-four hours and three nasty airplane meals...

Hey everyone!! Ok so the good news is I made it in one piece - the bad news is that I am VERY tired. I guess that's to be expected after nearly 24 hours of straight travel! It's worth it though because the center is the most beautiful place I've ever been in my entire life. There are balcony's and windows that line most of the building and look out on the city of Jerusalem...I know this is supposedly a place of war but I've never felt more peace just from looking at a city. The evening started out with dinner and then an introduction of all the professors, after which we got to take a tour of the center and see all the different areas. It's amazing to me that this place is nearly 20 years old because it is so well preserved it looks like it was built yesterday! Anyway I'm very tired so I think I'll take off and get some rest but look for some pics and more updates later!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Richelle, we're so happy you made it and are excited about it. Make the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting it sounds already!! Can hardly wait to see some pics. Be safe and make the most of a most awesome opportunity of a lifetime! Luv, GrMa Norma & GrPa Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Richelle, I am so excited for the experiences you are going to have and I wish I could be there too! I love you! Have fun and take it all in! This is mom even though it says Dad.

    ReplyDelete